What do you know about Infrared (IR) Light Therapy? Well you probably know that a growing number of people are using Infrared Saunas because they are excellent for relaxing, for treating muscle and joint pain conditions, for burning calories, and for losing some weight.
But what you probably don't know is that Infrared Light Therapy has a myriad of mind-blowing science-backed health benefits, many of which you might have never heard about. I am giving you here 12 good reasons to start paying regular visits to an Infrared Sauna, now!
But first things first, what is Infrared?
Infrared is light. Now, that might sound strange but most light around you is invisible to your eyes. Light comes to Earth in waves. Some of the waves are long. Some of the waves are short. The waves are all different in their size and if we place these waves on a chart – we call it spectrum - you’ll be able to visualize all different kind of light there is, some of which you may have heard include gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet, microwave, and radio.
As shown in the picture, in between the spectrum you’ll see a teeny-tiny band of waves in the form of color. That is the visible light, and it’s all your eyes can register, the rest of the spectrum is simply invisible for us, but still light.
Just above the right end of the visible spectrum is the infrared light, also not visible to the human eye, but you can experience it in the form of heat. In fact, half of the sun output reaching us is in the form of Infrared light and we can "see" its warm sensation through our skin.
See, we own our very existence to the sun. Since ancient times, people have known that exposure to sunshine early in the morning or late afternoon is important to effect positive health changes. However, with all the demands of our modern life, we don't seem to find time to enjoy those relaxing morning sunbathing idle hours. Moreover, today we know that extensive exposure to sunlight, especially during peak sun intensity hours, can render us vulnerable to the dangers of other electromagnetic radiations also coming from the sun such as the dangerous ultraviolet radiation. The reality is that nowadays most Americans are starved of natural light, which among other things stimulates the skin to produce Vitamin D which is essential for healthy bones (your body cannot absorb calcium without it), boosts serotonin, and regulates melatonin.
So, what is infrared light therapy?
Infrared light therapy is the technology that uses special lamps to harness the Infrared electromagnetic band which is naturally produced by the sun to take advantage of the countless positive benefits it brings to the body on a cellular level. In fact, Infrared Light Therapy is being consistently used by a growing number of doctors for treating many different health conditions.
And is it dangerous?
You are very wise to ask if there is any potential danger in using Infrared Light Therapy, and the answer is a categorical no. There are no adverse side effects to Infrared Light Therapy according to the tons of scientific researches and clinical trials carried out so far. Infrared radiation is not the same as ultraviolet radiation, X-rays, or microwaves. In fact, all our cells are continually producing and emitting infrared waves. Plus, neonatal beds for newborns have long utilized infrared heating elements to ensure babies are kept warm without being stifled.
And… how about those 12 benefits you were talking about?
Besides those you might already know, here are 12 more incredible benefits that will kick your socks off:
1. Lowers Blood Pressure: the consistent use of an Infrared sauna has been clinically demonstrated as a premier way to naturally and effectively lower blood pressure.
2. Improves Blood Circulation and Cardiovascular System: as Infrared heat warms your muscles and tissues; your body is stimulated to increase blood flow. The results, similar to a work out, will be better blood flow circulation and more pliable vessels.
3. Improves Cardiovascular System: as your heart will pump more efficiently, then the heart rate will tend to decrease, and your cardiovascular system functions will be more effective.
4. Detoxification: Infrared saunas are the ideal pathway for removal of various toxins including heavy metals like arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury, and xenobiotics like BPA, PCB’s and phthalates.
5. Reduces Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – it is estimated that as many as 4 million people in North America suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Recent published research shows evidence that consistent Infrared heat therapy can dramatically improve the symptoms of such condition.
6. Faster Injury Recover: Infrared speeds up injury healing and greatly reduces downtime. Infrared saunas also stimulate the production of additional white blood cells, which alleviate inflammation.
7. Reduces Cortisol Levels and Stress: prolonged higher levels of stress cause a constant release of cortisol and adrenaline into your body that is harmful, potentially damaging your immune system. Infrared saunas promote deep relaxation therefore dramatically reducing stress hormones levels in the system.
8. Reduces the "Winter Blues": Infrared saunas can boost your mood, alleviate anxiety and insomnia, and provide relief from seasonal depression.
9. Helps with Insomnia: Infrared stimulates the hypothalamus which increases the release of hormones that regulate biological processes like sleep, mood, and blood pressure.
10. Helps with Hair Loss: hair loss is a condition that impacts both men and women and can be very upsetting and even embarrassing for many people. Infrared light helps increase cellular metabolism, blood circulation and oxygen supply to the scalp. The pattern of hair loss is a progressive conditions and Infrared is an ideal reversing treatment while the hair follicles are still alive.
11. Promotes Skin Rejuvenation - production of cells which affects the elasticity of skin increase with Infrared Light Therapy. The result is younger and more beautiful skin.
12. Reduces Visible Cellulite - cellulite is trapped fat mixed with toxins due to under active circulatory system, and it's visible when connective tissue becomes weak. As Infrared improves blood circulation and helps rebuild connective tissue, it has been shown to reduce cellulite.
If you don't have any of the above that is good news! You are starting at a healthy level, and there is no way to better protect your health going forward than including regular use of an Infrared sauna in your wellness plans.
However, if any of the conditions previously mentioned seem painfully familiar, there is nothing that will ease that pain more naturally (and at a lower cost while saving hugely in medical), than an Infrared sauna.
So now that you know how Infrared Light therapy can positively impact your health, celebrate spring with Infrared Sauna and Relaxing Massage! Get yourself back into balance by taking advantage of our amazing Spring Special offer that combines a 30 minutes Infrared Sauna and a 60 minutes hands-on Relaxing Massage for only $75, a partnership between Arbor Vitae and Rellivium Therapeutic Touch. Book now at www.rellivium.com and let Infrared heat up your relaxing massage session.